Part-Time, 20 hours/week
The Program Assistant is primarily responsible for assisting the Executive Director in coordinating communication with district stakeholders, general public and the media.
Should possess the education and/or experience in one or more of the following areas: marketing, advertising, public relations, graphic design, photography, event planning, social media or nonprofit administration.
The Assistant must be well organized, flexible and able to communicate information about the Plaza District to various groups and individuals. The position also requires a high level of energy and the ability to function effectively in a team environment, with flexible schedule
Good verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Knowledge of social media and online communications is essential.
Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs
Strong attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to take initiative
Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, professional atmosphere with the flexibility to change tasks as priorities require with enthusiasm
Experience in administrating/coordinating events or arts programs helpful
Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite preferred
Extended hours on event days, including nights and weekends, required
- Develops and updates content on website to properly keep events and district information current.
- Creates, manages and maintains the district emails and database to ensure effective communications with supporters and friends.
- Assists in planning and implementing programming through special events, retail events, plus image promotions to attract customers, stimulate business activity and increase pedestrian traffic in the area, including:
- Plaza District Festival (fall)
- Plaza District Urban Pioneer Awards Luncheon (Spring)
- Live on the Plaza (monthly year-round)
- Other planned events and promotions
- Primarily responsible for planning LIVE on the Plaza each month. Must be available to work each month’s event.
- Prepares and distributes press releases and information for Plaza District events and businesses.
- Assists in building the strong social media presence in keeping with the district’s approachable, grass roots social media personality. Maintains social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Serves as a liaison for communications between district businesses and association.
- Offers a creative perspective to enhance the district’s current programs, events and projects.
- Assists in all special events and programming.
Interested applicants should email resume and cover letter to Cayla Lewis, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply: November 27, or until position is filled